Saturday, June 16, 2012

Promise to...

Promises, promises.... When posing the question to myself, I begin to realize that the sentiment isn't true that promises are meant to be broken. Broken promises lead to broken hearts. Often we minimize the significance of keeping one's word. Whether it's the promise never to leave or do that again, or that this won't hurt or even I will pay you back; A promise is a promise. In marriage we promise to love, honor and cherish. We promise through thick and thin, through good and bad, for richer or poorer. But when the relationship thermostat gets turned up, "That's it! Deuces we are out!" But what about the promise we made? Personally, I have spent time soul searching to determine why do promises mean so much to me in my life? I figured out it has nothing to do with separation anxiety or committment issues, it is just a standard ingrained by years of living with my grandmother. "If you give your word, then keep it! It is all you have. Your word is something that money can't buy." This principle should be important to every woman married or single. When we choose to make a promise we need to be honest with ourselves first and foremost. It's easy to agree or promise to do ANYTHING when emotions are in control. Promise to love, to cook (or at least learn how to), or to forgive. Whatever the promise may be, remember to keep it. Not doing so can break the heart of someone you love. And that person may be you.... Just something to ponder on as you read this little note from the desk of a real wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment