Friday, January 20, 2012

Sex and Sensibility...

A Women in search of what should find Her !
The question often arises from those not yet married When is God going to send me my husband? Where is he?  Is that him?  How long must I keep waiting?  When God? Where God?
While spending some leisure time browsing facebook, I happened to stumble upon  some profile pictures and little posts and say wow???!!  Little advice to young ladies, remember that www. stands for WORLD WIDE WEB!!!  Realize those semiprovocative pictures they have meaning.  E'erbody can see.  Men are very visual.  Why do you think so much $$ is spent in advertising commercials  during games like the Super Bowl?  Men  are attracted to your presentation.  Your packaging.  Then they get to know about your mind and personality.  You know how it is when you're given a beautifully wrapped present in expensive-looking wrapping paper?  You are more apt to handle it with the care it deserves. Picture your anticipation to look inside.  You slowly peel back the tape as thoughts cross your mind with the possibilities of what is hidden.  Once the treasure is revealed the myriad of emotions are expressed dependent on if you like, LOVE or HATE your gift.
This is not too deep. I am sure its been said before. Women, we have to love ourselves and make sure we have developed the treasure inside of us. That is what our single time is for.  Trust me, I know.  Biblically, there are many stories of women that were single and in God's so perfect timing, they were placed in the path of their chosen mate. Women like Rebekah, who was gathering water at the well when Abraham's servant was looking for a wife for Isaac.  Ruth, who while working hard during the harvest caught the eye of her Boaz.  And even a woman like me. I was seeking God not looking for a husband.  Even though my husband and I attend the same church, the timing for us to meet was the day I almost hit him while driving down the street.  I am sure other ladies can share their stories as well.
 Cleanse yourself.!!
Treasure You!!

So for my single followers I want to encourage you to treasure you. While your single, learn about you. Love you. Enjoy you. Spoil you. Forgive others that have hurt you. Cleanse yourself.  Just like you clean your face and other body parts well, do that with the past pains of bad relationships. From the first to the last.  So when you meet your knight,  you are able to receive him and all he has to offer and not make him pay for what the last guy did to you.


I am going to leave you some scripture to simmer on. Psalm 37: 4  Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.   Continue to read the rest for yourself.
Know your Worth and Wait on GOD

This blog was not meant to be too deep.  Simply to encourage you. To the married ladies, if you like post your story of how you met your mate.  To those not yet married let us know what you think.
Until next time keep it real,  from the desk of a real wife......

4 comments:

  1. Personally ,I feel like allot of the time ,when we are on the social Networks ,and there are some women that have been single for so long that they believe the more naked the better ,then they will attract some attention ,I don't think they mean to do it ,they just get desperate because the last relationship was filled with him cheating and because she hasn't washed away that last relationship she may not believe how beautiful she really is !!
    I had to take the time to love myself after my last ill thought out move ,I used that time to heal ,look in the mirror and tell myself I was beautiful ,gave myself time to count my scars and wear them as a remembrance of where i was not where I am, and it took a while before I was ready but now I can truly say ,Im ready to love who god sends now who I choose! and anytime I feel Like Rushing ,I LOOK T MY SCARS THAT I COUNTED AND I REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE TO LOVE AND NOT BE LOVED ,because I should have waited. I love this Blog its beautiful!! thank you for writing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. These sites can give people an opportunity to express themselves but sometimes less is more. I know it is hard to be single when you yearn for a relationship especially with the holidays and Valentine's day coming. The most important advise I can give is to wait on God. Don't settle for Mr. Right Now. Wait for Mr. ALWAYS and FOREVER!! I am so glad in my single time, I began to heal. i forgave my parents for the hurt I felt during my childhood. Then the first man to cheat on me. Another that took advantage of me. The one that stole my self esteem. I allowed the love of Christ to saturate me. I know what I love about me. i am present to my husband a complete me. So when two became one, we weren' t 1 1/2 becoming a part. I love how your tattoos state your journey. If I got one, I wonder what it would say. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is actually kind of a funny story...I first met my husband in 1985. I had just graduated from junior high school and he was going into his senior year at the high school I would be going to in the fall. We started dating and continued to date for two years until I broke his heart. Yes ladies, I broke it into a million pieces. I had an opportunity to apologize to him a few years later and I did so. twenty years rolled by, I had been married, divorced, lived with a musician for 11 years then that ended. about one year after, I was laid up in the hospital, with no make up on and sick as could be. Who do you think called up my mom and asked how he could get in touch with me? Yep. My man. So he came to visit me in the hospital, and we started dating AGAIN. Then after a few months we got married. And we have been ever since. It's got good days and bad, but I think that he never forgot me. I thank God for him every day. I'm always taken care of emotionally. I don't need him for anything else. Finally, my best friend is my Husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a romantic story. It give a REAL meaning to if you love something and let it go, if it is yours it will return back to you. Marriage is real. And like every thing there will be good and bad days. Like my wise friend stated before not every day is Disneyland, but is an adventure. It breaks my heart when couples keep their problems hidden until the ONLY thing left is to do is separate. There are so many couples famous and not so famous that are in need of prayer so that they can communicate, connect and stay committed. Remember them in your prayer time.
      Thanks for sharing your story.

      Delete